Nestled in among beautiful flowers and trees, Casa Miradores sits on a quiet, secluded sand street with the front of the house facing the greenery and jungle, and the back, the sand and ocean. You can walk along the beach in either direction, south past more palm trees and flowers or north for an easy 35-minute walk to the little town of San Pedro.
Native crafts wood carvings, baskets and other Belizean souvenirs can be found from vendors along the beach and in the town square.
Click to enlarge
While you’re here, try Belizean rice and beans with stewed chicken, escabeche, cow foot soup, chirrmole, homemade flour tortillas, Johnny Cakes, Belizean meat pies, Key Lime Pie or fresh coconut tarts.
- Local Fare Favorites: Antojitos San Telmo, Waruguma, The Reef, Ruby's and Celi's Deli
- Caribbean Dining Destinations: Victoria House, Elvi's Kitchen, Caliente, Wild Mangos, Jambal's Jerk Pit, Carumba and Hidden Treasures
- American Food Fixes: Blue Water Grill, El Divino, Wild Mangos and Pepperoni's Pizza
You may find yourself in need of snacks, realize you forgot sunscreen or just want to sample a fresh coconut, for grocery shopping try Super Buy, Marina’s and the Greenhouse.
Snorkel or scuba dive at the barrier reef, visit the manatees, or go sailing. Rent a golf cart and drive to the north side of the island, or visit the lagoon side of town and see the local fisherman selling their daily catch. Watch the Belizean lighter boats filled with produce and vegetables from the mainland. Oh the possibilities!
- Tours and activities can be booked through the front desk at Mata Rocks Resort (one mile stroll north on the beach), or by phone
- Casa Miradores has easy access to piers for boat pick up
- Bonefish are plentiful in the shallow flats in front of the house (fishing gear not provided)
At the house, you’ll find a handy information book that we’ve put together for our guests. Here we’ve collected restaurant, taxi and other important and helpful phone numbers.
Want to book a tour or activity? The friendly folks at Mata Rocks Resort will be happy to help. They also happen to have complimentary bicycles (a favorite mode of island transportation) for our guests to use between 7 am and 6 pm.